Friday, July 6, 2012

Fabulous Finds Friday: Electronic Lesson Plans, Interactive Bulletin Boards, and More

With summer officially here (my last day for the school year was Tuesday), I have found myself surfing the web looking for fresh ideas and fabulous finds to make next year's teaching and learning even better.  I have found so many amazing resources shared by educators from around the globe.  I thought I would share a few of them here in a Fabulous Finds Friday post (I confess, I have been searching for a theme:)



My first incredible discovery is Janet Benincosa's fabulous website filled with numerous resources including technology resources, curriculum maps, and electronic lesson plans (which I had never seen and thought how easy it would be to customize for my state standards).  The electronic lesson plan allows the user to utilize a built-in drop down menu to choose standards, level of Bloom's, Marzano's strategies, modifications, and so much more!  


Kutztown University's Methods of Teaching Secondary Mathematics class has shared many ideas for interactive bulletin boards.  Photos, directions, and lesson integration are all available on their website.  Though the bulletin boards were designed with specific topics in mind, they can be easily adapted to fit any mathematics concept. 


via Pinterest
This teacher makes 5 New Student Packets in which she an extra of everything at the beginning of the school year.  When a new student comes in midyear, all of the first day items are handy and in one place.  I will definitely be doing this!  


Erin Eberhart shared a tip for creating Running Records using address labels, clipboard, and a pen. She makes notes on the address labels as she observes students.  For example, John is struggling with... At the end of the week, she places the address labels on the large index card she keeps for each student.  It makes it easy to keep track of each student's progress and share observations with parents. 



Birthday Treats
Classroom Happies

Finally, two fun things to make for my sweet students.  I love the erasers; they remind me of salt water taffy and the fair the way they are all wrapped up.  And then, the birthday Pixie Stix... which was from Success in Second Grade and though I teach students 10 grades higher, I still think they might like this birthday treat:D

Wishing you a great weekend.  I am off to discover more FaBULoUs FiNds!

No comments: